Welcome to Bucks County PA Strong
Bucks County PA Strong is an exchange network that uses time and talent exchanged as currency amongst Bucks County community members. The goal is to grow an exchange economy to provide services through reciprocity by establishing an interconnected community of people who help each other by sharing their abilities, talents and experiences
Bucks County PA Strong is based on the following principals:
We are all assets. Every human being has something to contribute.
We value our work that helps raise healthy children, build strong families, revitalize neighborhoods, make democracy work, advance social justice, and make the planet sustainable.; all of which needs to be honored, recorded and rewarded.
Reciprocity. You help a neighbor, a neighbor helps you; helping each other build the community we both live in.
Communities are stronger than individuals. People helping each other reweave communities of support, strength & trust.
Respect of one another. Respect underlies freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and everything we value. Respect supplies the heart and soul of democracy.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. We are an interconnected community of people who help each other by sharing our abilities, talents and experiences. Instead of separating our community into those who need and those who provide, we recognize that we all have needs and gifts to share .By both giving and receiving, we learn to appreciate the value of each and every member and also come to believe in the value of our own contributions.
When you provide a service for another member you earn one time credit for each hour you spend providing the service. You can then exchange each time credit you earn for an hour of service from someone else. Members record these exchanges on this time banking network. There is no money exchanged. Your exchanges of time and talent you give or receive helping your neighbors are tax exempt.
Learn How Time Banking helped Spain weather their financial crisis. Listen/read the NPR story: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/22/161380937/time-banks-help-spaniards-weather-financial-crisis.
Time Banking Can be Powerful - Let's bring it to Bucks County! Recruit members!
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
· Read the member guidelines
· Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
· Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
· Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
· Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
· After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined whether a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements to coordinate the exchange.
· Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
· Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.